Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Official Resignation

Good evening, All.

Well, it is official - I've resigned from my job!  Effective exactly one month from now, I will be unemployed from company obligations and employed full time by passionate pursuits.  I have spent nearly four years working with a consulting firm here in Boston and I have learned a lot; I am grateful for my fortunes and for the opportunity to further explore my path in life.

Frank (who I believe you've "met") and I have set a date for stepping on-to the Appalachian Trail: April 12, 2011.  Now that we have a day in mind things are starting to get real "real".  Food preparation is in full swing; I have fruits dehydrating in my basement as we speak (more on that later).  Physical exercise has been maintained, finances are in order, water is bountiful, meals are being prepared, maps are being analyzed, gear is assembling, and I am psyched.

I hope you all are enjoying your days - and nights - and I look forward to shifting AT preparations into high-gear.

-Adam

1 comment:

  1. April 12th it is ... I'm happy to drive you to the trailhead and take the photo of the "first steps"

    ReplyDelete