Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Monday, May 23, 2011

On the road again

Good morning, y'all! After a solid week of off-trail rest I am en route back south to the trail. My sister graduated law school (congratulations Alana!) so I have been in northern Virginia with my family. Tiffany also came down for the celebration and we all had a great time.







This past week feels like it's been a month; I hope I didn't lose my trail legs. Apart from visiting VA I also spontaneously took off to Boston for 24 hours to see Tiffany, Ray Allen, Bill Russell, and our President.

In one week I went from a scraggly, hitch-hiking, thru-hiker to a clean-cut, respectable citizen. I ate the finest foods, drank plenty of beers, slept indoors in a bed, and took more showers than I did in the entire month of April. I also smoked two racks of ribs. This has all been extremely surreal; I love it!


Hitch-hiking from Damascus was smooth (it only took four rides, 12 miles of walking, and 10 hours.). Now, I will find out how it will be going south. I am embarking on my first Greyhound trek that will require one transfer and 12 hours of patience. (So far the bus is late. Although I did find a lost dog, contacted the owner, and facilitated a reunion.)

Well, wish me luck. Next stop: Richmond, VA!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Thanks SO much for coming Adam! It meant the world. And Frank- thank you for the congrats also! I hope y'all get reunited soon:)

    ReplyDelete