Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Whites

Since day one on the trail I have looked forward to hiking in the White Mountains. The hype, the terrain, and the views are all sky-high. It was during my first backpacking trip with Hybrid, all the way back in 2008, that I first had thoughts of trying to hike the AT, while we tromped though the Pemigawasset Wilderness, located in the Whites. You could say that this is the area where I fell in love with the backpacking thing.

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I climb Mt. Moosilauke and into the White Mountains. The past few weeks have been grueling, challenging (both mentally and physically) and amazing all in one. I expect all of that to be heightened in this next 8-10 day jaunt through these mountains. It is said that hiking more than 10 miles a day is a difficult task here so the 100 mile stretch that goes through the whites should take some time. But man, I seriously can't wait to get up there.

Hopefully I'll have good service up there and can post some pictures, but lately the service has been sparse so not too sure. Anyway - I'll keep ya posted!




1 comment:

  1. I should have had you trail running 14ers to get you in shape, then you could have done the whites no problem :) You'll do awesome though...have fun!

    ReplyDelete