Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hurricanes, Vermont, and More

Hi all,
I attempted many posts while in Vermont, but alas, the cell service was rare. Here is a quick rundown of my time in VT:
-Vermont is muddy. Very muddy. And that is Pre-Hurricane
-Vermont is beautiful. Holy crap is this a lovely state. I want to live here one day for sure
-While climbing Stratton Mountain, I got walloped with an intense, isolated thunderstorm, near the peak. I learned many valuable life lessons that day. The most important - Preparation is the key to success of any kind
-The terrain, while beautiful, has included many more climbs and difficult terrain. Only a taste of what lies ahead...
-I climbed to the top of Killington Peak and then rode the Gondola down to the lodge for lunch! Pretty cool experience since I grew up skiing there. Unfortunately that lodge did not fare so well apparently during the storm...-The hurricane was a nasty one as everyone now knows. Dr P and I came up with 5 plans for the hurricane. The one we went with was staying in a barn in Woodstock, Vermont, at the home of Daniel Quinn. He has a brook in his backyard that became a flooded, raging river, rising many feet. Pretty scary, but also an awesome display of Mother Nature's power. I have some photos I must upload when I have a chance (and the internet service)
-I hate hornets. I was stung by another one yesterday and I no longer have a left ankle. Its just a large, swollen stump. Bastard bees!
-Finally - I made it to New Hampshire!! Crossed the Connecticut River and now in the same state as the White Mountains. Can't wait to make it there!!

I'll do my best to post more...its all subject to my internet service on the phone. Hope you all stayed safe during the storm.

-Mojo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mojo, Am glad you and Dr P came thru the hurricane okay. The wife and I came thru okay also, very fortunate, all around us many trees were down and a lot of folks without power, we had none just a lot of rain, a bit of wind and a few twigs around the lawn. Sorry about the Bee sting, you'd better get a bee sting stick the next time your'e in town. Glad to see your post today, wasn't sure if you got blown off a mountain or had given up and gone home. Take care and stay safe, my regards to Dr P.

    GB

    ReplyDelete