Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

100 mile wilderness

Apologies for lack of updates. The service in Maine has been limited, but I kind of like an excuse to be out of touch.

I love Maine. I really, really love Maine. This state has been fantastic. The lakes, the moose, the people, the views, the terrain, the hiking...I could go on and on. It's all been fantastic. I've also had some great, spontaneous adventures, such as swimming in a "pond" (seemed like a lake to me), kayaking in a lake, and whitewater rafting on the Kennebec River. I've run into old friends and made many new ones. It's been a magical experience and its almost all over.

Tomorrow I begin the 100 mile wilderness. Its called the 100 mile wilderness because there aren't any road crossings through the stretch. So I have to carry 100 miles worth of food. Once I am through the 100 mile wilderness, the finish line, Mt. Katahdin lies just about 15 miles ahead. And then this whole journey is over. One week left. A lot of emotions running through my bones right now, but I excitement is most prominent. This has been a wild adventure full of unexpected twists and turns. Lets see what the next 100 miles hold!

-Mojo

1 comment: