Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Brrr

Ive been moving inconsistently through maine. I hike a 20 and 17 last week as well as 8-11 mile days. Its been obvious how my food consumption affects my day. On the days I don't eat enough, my legs feel tired, lethargic and sometimes exhausted. I've since decided to buy an extra days worth of food in towns and make sure I am eating enough.

It's also been pretty cold of late. That's fine by me because a 50 degree, sunny day of hiking is about as good as you can get in my opinion. Once the sun goes down the temperature has been really falling and making the whole sleep thing a little chilly. Last couple of nights I have slept in every piece of clothing I have out here.

Maine has been beautiful so far. I really love it out here and am looking forward to pushing ahead to the finish line. Woot woot!

















1 comment:

  1. Mojo, Nice pictures, you've had some great scenery on your trip, I especially like the one of the lake withthe dark blue sky. It's been cool here in upstate NY the last few nights, no frost yet but I think it's getting closer. Take care and stay safe.

    GB

    ReplyDelete