Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 163 recap

Yesterday was what I like to call a "crappy hiking day". It was cold, raw, wet, and cloudy. Conditions were unfavorable and when I reached a shelter, 9 miles from the start of my day, I was grateful to eat lunch under a roof. After spending about 40 mins there, I was having trouble motivating myself to continue on to a campsite where I was planning on spending the night. I eventually realized that whether or not I continued on for the day, the outcome the following day would be the same (I was planning on resupplying in Stratton, ME). Thus, if it did not matter if I hiked on, I decided my best course of action was keeping my soul and mind at ease at the shelter, staying warm, and relaxing.

This morning I woke up early and had a beautiful hiking day. I had fantastic views and warm sunshine all throughout the day. My decision to call it a day early the day before was clearly the right one as I easily made it to town today, in fantastic conditions. I really think that knowing your environment and how it affects your mind and body leads to the ability to make the most sound decisions.

The weather forecast isn't pretty for the next week. It's calling for a lot of rain. A lot of it. I think I need to do a little psyche-up session this evening in the comfort of the hostel I'm at to prepare for the "crappy hiking days" that lie ahead.



I know I can. I know I can. I know I can!




Moooooooose!













Hangin out in the shelter on my half day! Cup of hot chocolate. Mmmm

2 comments:

  1. Again Mojo, I really love the pictures, especially the moose. The mountain scene is beautiful also, it shows how great God's blessings can be if we just take the time to appreciate them. Our weather forcast looks the same as yours, they put a 7 day forcast on tv every morning and for the last two days,all the next seven are the same, rain... I hope you have or had a good day in Stratton,and got all your supplies. Stay safe my friend and try to keep dry....

    GB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Frankie! Keep up the good work!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete