Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Monday, June 27, 2011

120 miles in 6 days

What a week it has been. Just realized I have hiked 120 miles in the past 6 days, capping it off with a 26.5 mile day today, my longest yet on the trail. Today's hike was pretty tough with about 8000 feet of total elevation change (ie climbed 3000 ft, descended 3000, etc) and the total day spanning about 15 hours (including breaks).

Also night hiked alone for the first time to make it to my final destination. Not as spooky as I thought it would be, but the fog that rolled in right after the sun went down made for a slow go at it. Bear bag is up. Hammock is up. I'm ready for some sleep. Night!

-mojo



1 comment:

  1. sounds like fun?!?!?!?!?!
    your hiking poles should be in Waynesboro at the Inn by Wed or Thurs. (June 29 or 30th)
    Stay safe, have fun
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete