Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

What I ate today

Mojo here. Done for the day and it feels good to be "home". Although there looks to be a potential storm rolling through, we are safe at shelter.

I thought I'd share with you what my diet consisted of today. It's a little different than it was in the real world. Here it is, in order of when I ate it:

2 packets of oatmeal (I've eaten so much oatmeal that I now hate it)
1 cup of Earl grey tea
1 snickers "fun size"(the small one)
1 twix "fun size"
TRAIL MAGIC!- 1 pbj, 2 cream cheese & chive cracker pckts, 1 can of lemon lime soda- thanks lumberjack!
2 milky way "minis" (think smaller than fun size)
1 pckt of fruit snacks
1 fruit leather
Throughout the day:
About 15 handfuls of my trail mix (consisting of vanilla granola, dries banana, craisins, almonds, and chocolate)
1 cliff power gel
1 mountain house lasagna with meat sauce
1 pckt of butter instant mash potatoes
1 can orange soda -saved for dinner (I was really thirsty at trail magic time!)

So that is what I ate today. First time I actually recalled it this entire trail, I think. I had a cliff "mojo" bar (my favorite of the energy bars) that i was close to eating but i held off and rationed for tomorrow. Aside from the trail magic, my normal diet is usually similar to the above.

One last thing- when I had my last spoonful of my lasagna with meat sauce mixed with instant mashed potatoes, I was truly saddened. Haha. Hybrid is makin some tea so we will be all good!

Thanks for readin
-mojo

Ps going for our longest day tomorrow of 24 miles. Wish us luck!






5 comments:

  1. Good luck to both of you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey brother, got your fb... we will try to figure out a ride for you some how... i will be back on trail soon.

    - zimmerman (pink bear)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time you read this your day will probably beover, but just wanted to wish you luck with your hike today. Be careful especially if it is hot. The weather here has been a little cooler but not sure what it is down in VA. And next time I want to complain about my menu (or if someone else does(, I will remember/remind people what you are eating on a daily basis and rethink my whining (did I spell that correctly)
    Have a good one
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear things are going well. Be careful as the week goes on. It is supposed to get HOT. Take Care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you on the blog. Want to wish you the best of luck. I know you will have so much to talk about when you get home.
    Take good care, Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete