Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Reunited and separated

Mojo returned from NJ and we hiked together yesterday. Also, my father was able to join me (and then us) for a couple of days on the AT. Last week I made an unexpected decision to accompany my mother on a trip to Japan. Thus, I will be pulling off the trail for two weeks. I am excited to visit japan but also anxious to return to the trail.

In any event the adventure continues to present unexpected events and I am still having the time of my life. Mojo and I have learned a ton about ourselves, each other, and about backpacking. The AT is an end in and of itself but I am beginning to realize how interconnected it is with the grander journey of Life. As obvious as this observation may seem it has become more palpable with each passing day. "Balance" is an exercise constantly in flux.

Here's to never stepping into the same river twice! Onward towards There.

Happy trails, All!

Hybrid

Typical lunch:



A hollow log burns extremely well (chimney effect):



Hiking with my father (aka "The Tuna")



"Hello Goodbye"



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment