Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chuggin along

The last few days have been a real blast. Here is a list of some (in my opinion) cool things I've done:

-foraged wild berry bushes and made my own berry infused spring water


-hiked a mile off trail and back to go swimming in Thompson Lake on a 95 deg day
-hiked the "roller coaster" - approximately 12 ascents (and descents) ranging from 200-650 ft in vertical gain over a 13.5 mile stretch.
-found a magical castle-hostel in the middle of the woods named bears den, where captain red beard and I ate a pint of ice cream, a pizza, drank 6 sodas, and watched the 1977 animated classic, the hobbit. It was 99 outside, we deserved the 3 hr break


-reached the 1000 mile mark!!!!
-was downpoured on immediately after reaching 1000 mile mark
-reached harpers ferry, WV, home to the Appalachian trail conservancy. We got our pictures taken and signed in. Harpers Ferry is considered the half way point, even though it's technically not. Guess there not going to put the ATC in the middle of the woods.


-finally left VA! Feels like forever ago we were in damascus. Maybe because that was in may...

I've had a really great time these past few days and hiking with a good group right now. 1000 miles is a long way and I'm proud of that accomplishment. I'll be honest. I didn't 100% believe I would make it this far when I started. Its always a great feeling when you prove the doubter in yourself wrong.

-mojo

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to the "half" way mark!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never doubted you Mojo ... good on ya ... The Tuna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrts on the i/2 waymark. I never doubted you could/would do it. Enjoy the 2nd half of your journey:)
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super proud of you! Good luck on your high miles today, see you tomorrow!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job Mojo, you've had a lifetime of memory makers already, good luck as you go farther!

    GB

    ReplyDelete