Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy July 4th!


Our river adventure has been going about as well as any of us could have hoped. We are having a blast battling "rapids", meeting locals along the banks of the rivers, and all around, feeling like we are on top of the world.

Foon and red sox tipped their canoe on day one (lesson learned - bag EVERYTHING) but other than that, no other mishaps. We've camped in all types of places so far - sandy bank, outskirts of a cornfield (which capt red beard and legs got lost in), a campground and an open field. At the campground, we had a round robin horseshoes tournament. Naturally, capt red beard and I were victorious.

July 1st was Canada day and since Peter pan is from Quebec, we felt it our duty to celebrate it with him in style. We get two national holidays in one weekend, which I think is a real treat. Only wish I was able to get a picture of that crazy Canadian dancing around the bonfire we had that night.

I also picked up The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in the last town from a goodwill store for a quarter. Prob just about the perfect read for this trip. I'm not too far in and I can already tell I'm going to like it a lot more than when I first read it in high school.

That's all for now. Happy fourth!

-mojo

2 comments:

  1. Good post Mojo, sounds like fun, thanks for sharin. I hope Foon & red sox didn't lose too much!

    Grampa Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. tsk tsk you should have paid more attention to my awesome sailing stories - then you might remember that on the water your stuff can get WET

    hehe sounds like you are having a blast!

    FBD

    ReplyDelete