Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

West Virginia + Maryland = Done

Crossed through Maryland the other day. A couple of the guys we were hiking with said the trail had more vistas here than in the shenendoahs. Saw another bear today and a sunset last evening on overlooking Maryland farmland from atop Annapolis Rocks.




Also crossed the mason-Dixon line so officially out of the south. After such a long trek in VA, all these milestones in the past few days are overwhelming.

It is clear that we are at the "end of the thru hiker pack", however my feet and body feel strong and I am ready to do what needs to be done to finish this trail...mainly put the pedal to the medal.

Met up with my girlfriend, Sarah for a couple days in Waynesboro, PA and took her on a day hike. She did great and I'm looking forward to her coming out and getting some backpacking in with me when I'm a little more north. We also went to Gettysburg briefly on her last day. Awe inspiring and sobering at the same time. So glad I got to see my girl though!



Now onto the rocks of PA.

-mojo

3 comments:

  1. Lookin Good Mojo, I like the pictures too, tell Sarah I said hello...

    GB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frankie
    Hopeyou are doing ok with this heat. Love all the pictures and comments
    Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hybrid, it was great meeting you on the trail Sunday. Thanks for taking the time to stop and talk. I'm glad that we could offer the comfort of a cold "Nati Light" and Gatorade.
    You are doing something EPIC, You Rock.

    Bill & Kristina

    ReplyDelete