Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

At the foot of the smokies

Survived the crazy storms that rolled thru last couple nights. High winds and creaky trees had everyone camping up all night. Bears are not what I fear anymore...its those 100 ft trees swaying and groaning in the wind, threatening to fall on me that keep me up.

Smokies tomorrow AM! Thanks so much to the Hammonds (chimp's parents) for the great afternoon spread! I'm still stuffed. I'll post some pics when we get better service....hoping to hit clingmans dome (highest pt on the trail- around 6600 ft I think) for a sunrise this week too. Hoooah!!



2 comments:

  1. Got your message this afternoon Frank. Glad to hear you made it thru the awful storms. Must have bee a wild couple of nites for you guys.
    Sounds like you had a feast this afternoon. Good luck with the Smokey Mountians. Take pics of the sunrise you want to catch.
    Love Dawnie G

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh yes, the creaky trees. Clingman's Dome will be grand. Hike safe and may the trail magic continue with you, Dano

    ReplyDelete