Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Here's to Now

Good afternoon, y'all! Mojo and I cranked out 9.5 today (following a 13 miler yesterday). We are just a few miles from a gap where we can catch a ride into town. Though it's tempting to go there tonight we've decided to stay put for today, eat the remaining bits of our rations, and head into town first thing in the morning. This way we can spend all day tomorrow resupplying, doing laundry, eating a ton of food, and resting; it will be our first "zero-day" (well, almost, except for the 3 miles from here to the gap.)

Today's weather was warm and sunny. Two mountains were challenging but we pretty much owned them. I intend to set up camp now. Mojo plans to sleep in the shelter - a first.

Dinner tonight will be mashed potatoes with veggies and a helping of almond-something (thanks, Tiffany!)

The bugs are starting to do their thing. I respect their right to live until they land on me, then I have no mercy.

Over 'n out

-Hybrid-


Location:Deep Gap Shelter

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hybrid,Good post. Tell Mojo I also like his handle. Deep Gap shelter looks inviting, r u sure you want to spend the night outside? Supper sounds pretty good. Have a great time in town tomorrow and I hope you both get rested up good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hybrid, I too like Mojo's trail name. Have fun in town ... but don't eat too much ... HA. How is your wildlife list coming ... anything new? I saw a cooperhead in the front lawn yesterday (Mom to the one we saw out in the patio) but don't tell your Mom as she has to pull the weeds out there. Genki de!! "Not the other, other guy"

    ReplyDelete