Description

A.T. monologues - Follow Adam and Frank on an epic 2,175 mile journey by foot.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Double Digits

The mantra has steady, steady, steady. Thus far we've been logging about 7 to 9 miles per day. Today we hiked 10.8 miles from Neels Gap to Low Gap Shelter (3,040').

The weather was excellent - not too hot and not too cold. We had nice views from a couple of peaks and I felt great with oour trek - we were cruisin'. Breakfast consisted of a meal I dehydrated and vacuum sealed weeks ago (oatmeal with some dried fruits, flax seeds, protein powder, and cinnamon). Lunch was more of a prolonged snacking between breakfast and dinner. Dinner was a freeze-dried meal of chana mansala - all 820 calories of it, it was supplemented with cheese-in-a-pouch...only on the trail are these meals soo delicious!

Our bear bags have been hung, the fire is dwindling, the sun sank below the ridge, and I am now tucked in my sleeping bag in my tent anticipating a slightly chilly evening. Tomorrow's weather looks great and we are shooting for another double-digit hike up to Rocky Mtn. (4,020') - there is a campsite right at the peak so we should have some spectacular views while we eat and rest our feet.

We are aiming for the town of Hiawasee in the next few days to resupply and take an afternoon off.

I trust all is well with ya'll outside these Georgian mountains.

-Hybrid-

3 comments:

  1. double digits!! Great!! I'm keeping up with you via Bill Bryson's book ... he;s at Low Gap Shelter too ... Awesome!! Have fun, Love Dano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe gents. Sounds like you're making great progress! Great writing as well. I feel like I'm there....almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good goin guys! Glad you're seeing some nice views, I hope you're turning them into some good digital views! Hope you both slept well and have a good trek today.

    ReplyDelete